Now the frame that this painting was displayed in is needing to be filled at Visual Effects with another pretty flower painting. Watch for that in the next few weeks. Still working on the commission. Got a bit stuck with it but I have figured my way around it.
Below is the step by step process I do to get to the final painting. I layer very pale washes until the value is correct on each petal. The lighter the petal the more careful I have to be and often they take more layers to get to where I want them to be. This painting I did the background last...which is different than I normally do. But it works.